Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 295

Thursday February 13, 2014

Flight cancelled. No more flights for awhile. New bed last night. Delicious dinner. Pork chops. Roasted potatoes. 

This was needed. 

Oh and the driver miraculously found my phone. Thank the eff. 

I've come to realize that the norms of this country have seeped into my bones and forced me to move about in its ab'normality.' 

Abnormal to what I know. Abnormal in my understanding of the world. 

In a world where there isn't a moment to breathe unless you pay ridiculous sums, but a world in which you are always an outsider. 

This may be negative thinking as I fully believe that Uganda is a beautiful place, I just feel beaten down by her at present. 

So off to another mzungu shop where the mzungus flock and cherish foods which comfort them and fill our stomachs. To quiet days with limited stares cause they can never be vanquished. 

And it is cause for reflection upon the life we are living, the life we have lived, and that of which we want. 

If only I could master the latter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment