Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 290

Saturday February 8, 2014

Day 2 of the safari.

Early morning ferry ride to the northern part of the park and already I've witnessed hippos. None at the campsite though.

Bummer.

Far off elephants. Close afraid to get charged elephants. Distant giraffes. Water buffalo. Hyenas trying to chase a warthog. Fail.

LION!!

Crested cranes, and more hippos.

Oh, did I mention I rode atop my safari van for the full first part of this excursion? Yes my tailbone may now be cracked in a few places and my secretary's ass may be even flatter than when this adventure started, but for the unobstructed views and pictures, I'm gonna go ahead and say it was worth it.

Lunch. Egg salad sandwich with honey mustard mustard. Oh em ghee. In love.

Then a boat ride which I could have done without. Not close enough to the bajillions of hippos we saw in the water. Another elephant close up!! Crocodiles!! And more up close photos of the falls. Made me miss home and Niagara Falls.

I think I just miss home.

Day 2 = SUCCESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment