Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 299

Monday February 17, 2014

First day back at work. Monday meeting was simply a myth. 

Got there on time. No one around. Left. 

Went to golf course. Met up with another volunteer. 

Trying to finish a presentation for a pece corps workshop and presently it still isn't finished. Neither is my counterparts. 

Again. As my friend, love her. As my coworker, I can't. 

If I am asked to do another piece of her work. Ugh. I jut can't. 

Fast dinner after a long day. And I realize my patience is wearing thin. 

Museveni is to sign the Anti-homosexuality act and I can only laugh at the ignorance that surrounds the topic. In the same breath I want to weep. 

I don't know everything political, we can't be everywhere in the world, but this affects all allies and those of the LGBT community. 

I'm nervous that more will come from this law. I'm nervous for the conversations. 

I don't want to partake and yet it is difficult to not be offended when friends and family, loved ones are called abnormal and are wished to hell. 

I'm questioning my service. I'm questioning myself. Why am I doing this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment