Thursday, August 2, 2012

Suck It In

One day I will leave this earth. One day I shall perish. From our first breath they are numbered and diminishing. I have come to decide that my impact on the world, of the masses is not that important. My radial impact is greater, for even though my name may live decades even centuries after I pass, things still become lost among the depths of history.

I want those who knew me to know my love of life. To know my delicate spirit and admire me for my loyalty. I want those who will remember me till their own deaths to cherish memories of brash boldness that led to uncontrollable laughter.

I hope that an eagerness to learn effervesces through the very wood paneling of my coffin.

One day my breath will stop, all feeling will leave my body. And on that day I hope that I have made an impact on family and friends and the community I call home. Life is too short not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment