Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 159


Monday September 30th, 2013

Today I started a grants writing training. Too bad I feel that I can't at all be bothered to sit through this training where the Ugandan trainer continues to point out the fact that the money for this training and the food is being paid by the American people.

Yes. Stop staring. I am one of those American people.


Anyways, my fiancé is in the hospital. Heart palpitations. It turned out to be a false alarm though. Thank the eff since I am all the way in Africa and the next time I come home for a family emergency, I'm not coming back here.

Local food for lunch and I'm craving ice cream sandwiches, tortilla chips, and peanut butter and jelly on good not fall apart bread. Oh the comforts of food, which I have become to realize is a true and utter luxury. I want my luxurious life back. Even in the form of convenience. Hello fast food.

So in attempts to satisfy some type of craving, I bought meat. I'm a little scared. That with the power going off every weekend starting on Fridays and not every store using their generator for their freezer sections. Lord Jesus I may die.

Spoke to the police today in attempts to get this World AIDS Day bit rolling. I'm stressing. Everyone is so hard to get in touch with. 

Uganda makes me tired. And makes my belly ache. Decided to workout anyways. And do squats. My belly is unhappy with my choices.

I managed to find myself out late tonight returning my rented outfit and I bought bananas and apples!! So excited!! I'm thinking I should go out at night more often. I may need to learn more local language though for security reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment