Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 163

Friday October 4th, 2013

Too bad the police had no idea what I was talking about this morning when I showed up and the traffic officer I talked to yesterday focus himself on a bus to Kampala earlier this morning. 

Did I mention I hate the police? I show up at 9, not only does the new traffic officer I'm dealing with not even greet me, but insists that I'm late and that I was supposed to be present at 8:30. What in the hell? No. I wrote it down. 

Needless to say that the police this morning was a fiasco. I don't have the route. They kept complaining and asking where my colleagues were. There was a serious communication issue. I was happy to be done with that. 

Except now I don't have a route. Oh well. I suppose there is still time. 

I have to also say that my butt bones and my vaginal cushion are no match for the hills and rocks in the streets not to mention my rock hard bike seat. 

Lord help my lady parts. 

Had a volunteer come visit. Went to city top, that Indian restaurant which I love, but my belly is always jacked up afterwards.  But I still eat it because its delicious and I didn't have to cook it for it to be that way. 

Found ourselves at a rotaract meeting at one of the local universities. The cute little mine Rotarians. Mind you, I've decided I may not like rotary. 

We did get invited to a bunch of social outings. Too bad we have training when they are happening. 

I haven't decided yet if that was sarcasm or not. 

Decided to go out. Skipped around and first encountered a silent disco. I've heard people rave about them, we walked away. 

Found ourselves at the usual spot where we bargained with our driver and holy hell!!! We got him to come down and we got others to agree with our price. Felt like a boss after that. 

Untouchable. 

Overall I would have to say day equals success. 

Success. 


No comments:

Post a Comment