Sunday, August 11, 2013

107

Friday. 

End of my hermit streak. Made it out ofthe house by one. That's an improvement. 

Too bad i only left because it is welcome weekend. Welcome weekend is where you all volunteers in an area come together to introduce thenselves to the new volunteers. 

So I'm excited to meet other volunteers!!! Other Americans! Yes I know that's terrible, but it's another reason I stay in my house. No worries.  

No work again today, obviously, although Kirabo did call to see how I was doing. I'm doing. 

I shouldn't have said I had the shits. That's going to come back to haunt me one day I'm sure of it. 

So first thing is first. I meet up with. Couple girls from my group, but as I go to walk out of my compound I have in sandals and somehow my right sandal won't stay on my foot. I make it to my gate and outside of it with some serious difficulty. I try to walk up my hill and my right foot is not cooperating so I turn around walk back through my gate and realize I can't walk in these shoes, take them off and change them. 

The twenty minute walk through town proves to be a struggle. Oh well. 

Meet up find other girls from Kasese an reminisce as it has been nearly two months since I've seen these girls!! We head back to their hotel and I get to show two of my favorites my house. 

My neighbor kids greet them with hugs and smiles and I love it. I also am feeling better with language as they are quite impressed with my conversational skills which are actually quite basic, but it's nice nonetheless. 

Head back to town and its time to eat. It's great. We get to eat at my favorite Indian place in Mbarara aka the only Indian place and the food is amazing. The best part is that we get to take the leftovers home. That proved to be a God send at about three this morning. 

So after food we hit up the hotel again and it's time to go out. We try out the rooftop club of our grocery store and its not so bad. It's a good time, until we decide to leave because we need a change of venue and can't be done with the night. 

We bargain with a private car and we may have ripped him off. End up at another rooftop club and leave there nearly as soon as we walk in because a volunteer had his wallet stolen and is searching for the guy to do what exactly we aren't sure, but all I know is that I live in Mbarara and I can't be associated with such nonsense. I just can't. 

So we get out of there, Mr. Hothead walks away into the night and unfortunately my sympathy receptors have been shut off and so I don't really care. 

Back to the hotel where leftovers become early breakfast and we find ourselves having a giggle feat in a room with five girls. Four in a bed and one on the floor. Half of us used. Net and the other half not. Not sure how that worked with all four of us on the bed. 

All in all the night was amazing and with my girls. I'm glad I decided to not be a hermit anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment