Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dollar Amounts

Yesterday was Labor Day. Thank God for these wonderful holidays that let me not have to go to work.

It was week two of insanity yesterday and I swear I should be looking like a model already. I will be so sad if I don't get killer results, but again, it is only week two.

Hopefully by week three. But I have already lost some weight, not much, but it's something.

So this kid keeps messaging me. I don't need this kid messaging me and when I say kid, I don't really mean kid. He is a 33 year old man. I'm 24 dude. We are in completely different realms of life. Chill. Plus I'm not sleeping with you, so stop asking me to come over. It ain't happening. If I see you it is going to be in neutral territory, but after the last bit I think that won't even be happening.

So this kid had been hitting me up asking to hang and I kept having all the reasons why I couldn't. Finally I was like fine, let's go. So we head over to the Blue Monk. Mind you, I was out to dinner with friends already and I'm me so I was a little late. Just under thirty minutes of our agreed upon meet time.

So I come in, order a drink and kid says he's got it. Nope. No you don't. I'm not owing you anything. I got this. He puts money out, I put mine too. Now I never carry cash, so this ten bucks is it. So ok. Thanks for letting me pay for my drink. 'Preciate it.

We get to talking and all of a sudden the convo turns to me being late. Now again, I'm conceding to this meeting to get you off my back and you turn around and tell me that I need to buy your next drink as penance? What the hell? This is not catholic school. This is not church and you're not the pope. How the hell are you telling me that I need to pay penance? And were you not at a bar? Drinking? Yeah ok. So it's not like you looked out of place or were having a miserable time. You were drinking. Penance my ass. And how are you going to make me pay yet you were just about to pay for my first drink?! You sir are confused.

But, as a good person I pay my "penance" not realizing that it was to transcend the whole evening. I am not a gold digger and I don't care for people to do for me, but telling me I have to and losing the air of courtesy just docked you points bud.

Needless to say, I'm not making any efforts to see him again.

Yesterday was dollar day at the Buffalo Zoo. The best friend and I missed that by about two hours. Too busy thrift store shopping and sitting by murky waters.

After being rejected-told you it was a strong point of mine, by the zoo we went to check out the new house. My friend bought a house. It needs work. In lieu of going to see the house I decided we should visit my dad.

Bad choice. He sends us on the errand from hell. We were on a search for peppercorn. Really? What do you need peppercorn for? Nobody needs peppercorn. Just use whole black pepper. Tomatoe-toemahtoh.

It takes forty five minutes and two stores to find this damn peppercorn and there was no generic so here I am paying for McCormick peppercorn for one time use. Gheeze.

We didn't visit long. Enjoyed some mint leaves in a molson and found ourselves searching movie times.

Premium Rush is what we settle on and let me tell you, up until the last ten minutes, that movie was pretty amazing. I particularly like the Joseph Levitt guy and have found my new celebrity crush. That girl from Heros is amazing. I'm not sure about her acting, but she doesn't have to talk.

Finished the night off with a few pages in 1Q84 and it has me wondering why the hell. Where is this going. So I'm excite to read it on lunch today.

Also I tried really hard not to spend money today, but it was either be late or make a sandwich, so I decided to be only fifteen minutes late instead of thirty.

I'm paying for it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment