Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday

So... my coworker comes into work this morning and comments on my new hair cut. He tells me how much he likes it and states that with this style, I should be a model.

As a girl conditioned by the media and raised in American culture and society of the 21st century, of course my returning comment was, "Sure 30 lbs later."

My coworker then hits me with a, "Well you know they do have plus size models."

Damn. I know I'm not a mini, but I'm not plus sized. So that's exactly what I say accompanied with a wtf face, "Yeah, but I'm not plus sized."

The conversation then took a then for the worst for my self esteem.

"Well you've never been a small girl. You've always been big boned. It must be that it runs in the family."

Well damn. Now you're talking about me and my mom? What the hell? This conversation is over. I had to end it with a, "are you serious face."

He may have gotten the hint as he then said, "But you know I think you're beautiful."

Yeah, yeah. Damage done. Too late.

What a way to start off my week. I knew I hated my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment